Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Where to start...

Ok, so this is my first blog, and I admittedly acknowledge that i know not what i am doing. What I DO know is that I hope to be able to grow a "Blogging Family" in which I (we) can share some of our thoughts, dreams, desires, and perhaps learn from one another.


I guess I should start at the beginning. I am a 30 something married male, with one wonderful child (Blake), that I am sure you will get sick of hearing about. Blake has such a wonderful story(about how he came to our family), that it makes me know that Heavenly Father DOES exsist and that he truly loves all of us, even with all of our faults. ALOT more to follow at a later date... We have 2 kitties (Max, and Cleo). Max is what people are know calling a designer breed. He is half Siamese and half Ragdoll. He is totally an awesome cat. He knows what he wants and, more importantly, knows how to get it. Cleo on the other hand, well... I think she fell off the "short bus" when she was a baby, she is not too smart, but what she lacks in smarts she makes up in sweetness. stories will come later about both of these cats.

I have recently decided to become baptised in The Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints. There I said it, it's out there never to be taken back. I was born and raised Catholic, but haven't been inside a Catholic Church in well over 14 years. (minus my nephew's baptism, 2 months ago). I have a belief and knowledge that this is the right Church for me. When my sisters read this I hope that they will be slow to judge and ask their questions with an open heart, and not try to dismiss what I feel is true, hint hint...lol. If there is interest in this magical story, of my conversion, I would be more than happy to elaborate on this subject.


As you may, or may not know I am an AVID sports fan. Specifically with the NFL, and the Oakland Raiders!!! I have suffered private, AND public humiliation for my beloved Raiders. My dad and I used to have yearly bets on the Raider and Seattle Seahawk games. Which always (except one time ), resulted in a loss for me. File this story under: my humiliations, as a raider fan. BUT I say to you I will ALWAYS Bleed Silver and Black. Like the title of my blog says "I still believe".

I am totally stoked in regards to the newly formed Portland Trailblazers too. Ok, so they are not new but their attitude sure is. There is so much to be excited about when you talk about the Blazers, with or without Greg Oden.

As far as baseball goes I have always rooted for the Chicago Cubbies. I will continue to root for them, BUT the Seattle Mariners have a soft spot in my heart too.


That is enough for now. I will write more later, and with more specifics.

As for now I will close with my favorite motto:

Live, love, and laugh often!!!!!

4 comments:

Mo said...

Seriously, fighting over the Raiders and the Seachickens?! Nobody really comes out a winner in that, don't ya think? ;)
Welcome to Church and welcome to the blogosphere, we're glad to have ya!

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you decided to start a blog my love. I know that you'll do great. Welcome to the blogosphere!!!

Love ya!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Hiya Tim! Welcome to the blog world. It's an absolute blast, as Tonya's probably told you.

Laine said...

Hi Tim! I'm Elaine, and I met your beautiful wife Tonya not too long ago through the blogging world. What a wonderful story you have, I love the title of your blog.